Tuesday, August 1

colonial kids


dang- we would have made a good looking family back in the day. we went to williamsburg this past weekend, it is the colonial equivalent of the polynesian cultural center in hawaii. other than the heat wave- notice the sweaty faces, it was really neat to learn more about how the people in the colonies lived. my favorite was the taylor, luke thought he was gay, but i loved learning more about the clothing of the time and how efficient they were. that is what i love about history is learning about the every day lives of the people were like, nevermind the wars and all that junk, i love to get to know the people of the past. there was a bunch of fabric- kelly you would have loved it, and we noticed that there was some leopard print in the mix so luke asked the guy if there were many generals in the militias that requested the leopard print for their uniforms. we though we were being funny then the guy came back and said that there may have been and that some of the oldest fabric that has been found has been animal print, bam, shot down.
anyways, you will notice that velzy has a good grip on my hair, the child is obsessed lately with my hair. she has always loved to play with it while she is eating and holds on to it when i hold her, but she has become a monster totally dependent in the last few days. my head hurts. she would not let anyone else wear the backpack because she had to have a hold of my hair. she was crying in the car and when i started twirling my hair she stopped, just seeing me playing with my hair calmed her. she is nuts! but, new trick, she is walking back and forth between me and luke. she is still really wobbly but it is a start, and since she will have nothing to do with crawling still i can't wait for her to become a little more independent. i can't wait.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Finally, I got to see your cute babies face. She is adorable. You guys are so funny. I love the hats. Jon and I went there too, when we went back east. It's so pretty. We went in June, and so it wasn't too hot yet. It must be pretty muggy now. Did your in-laws have fun?

How old is Velzy anyways??? She is almost walking already? That's cool Taylor started when she was 10 1/2 months old, and she didn't really crawl at all.

Thanks for the post!

kellymccaleb said...

oh my heavens you guys are so cute. you know what's funny? cate was obessed with my hair too, until her's got long enough, now she's obsessed with hers. when she was a baby she used to have to play with it to go to sleep. i would literally sit next to the crib and let her hold it through the bars. crazy!!

Nancy said...

awesome...thats all i have to say about this pic...