i have learned that when you work out in the morning you have got to have good tunes, you just do. back in the day, nanc and i used to blast "pump-up music" for the whole 2 minutes it took to get from the animal house to byu-h, it was a short drive, but we needed the pump up to jump in the pool at 5.
and now, i need a pump-up to run and/or get elliptical. and today, i hit gold. luke has two 80's mixes on my ipod that i never really listed to before, but this morning mix #1 hit the spot. so what is this am morning work out motivator play list?
here ya are:
- madonna- material girl
- bangles- walk like an egyptian
- hall and oats- your kiss is on my list
- toni basil - hey mickey
- oingo boingo - i love little girls
- real life - send me an angel (my fave)
- cindy lauper - girls just want to have fun
- billy ocean - get into my car
- michael jackson - billy jean (got to be honest, i skipped this one)
- billy ocean - caribbean queen
- oingo boingo - good bye
- wham! - jitter bug
- billy ocean - lover boy
- bananarama - venus
- bananarama - cruel summer
- hal and oats - maneater
how good is 80's music? you know you were singing to yourself as you read the list.
and feel free to youtube any of these songs for a good laugh, luke and i just had way too much fun doing just that.
80's mix playlist #2 coming thursday- unless i press snooze twice.