Monday, November 10

two-six

yesterday was my birthday.  i love to wish people happy birthday but when it comes to having all the spotlight attention, turns out i don't like it so i didn't tell anyone.  but it was a great birthday.  if you can, have all your children on federal holidays-  no school on your birthday was great as a kid and having luke home on my birthday is great now.  
we started the morning our right- luke woke me up at 5:30 and we made our way to v-land for a surf- birthday girl gets to choose the surf spot!  of course it was really fun, well until 100 other guys were out, but it was fun.  and i am embarrassed to admit that velzy has never even been to v-land (velzyland), sort of pathetic.  it's a great little beach and a perfect wave, but the crowds keep us from going there all the time.    
anyways back to my day.  came home to ivy sleeping and velzy hangin with grandma and they had made me a card.  so sweet.  velzy was supposed to be sweet all day because it was my birthday, but instead she was super annoying allllll day.   later we went up to piddleys to surf again and play with the girls at the beach.  on the way home we stoped at ted's for some carrot cake and a pumpkin haupia pie.  which fully satisfied my birthday cake needs, to say the least.  
we came home and ivy and luke napped while velzy and i didn't get along- two tired stubborn girls.  i think we are friends now though.
we grabbed some dinner at subway and taco bell because we are very gourmet around here- and had a little picnic. after dinner luke and i went to the temple to do sealings with our ward.  which is always lovely.  it was actually rather entertaining watching old hawaiians try to pronounce russian names.  super funny, in a temple spiritual way of course.
we came home to the girls getting ready for bed with grandma and got them in bed.  they were in bed but not asleep when i bailed and went to watch a movie and have girl talk with echo, steph, melissa and liko. and yes echo, that was icing on the cake. then i retuned home completely tuckered out and fell asleep in .2 seconds.  it was a good day.  

and just for fun since i am putting of writing a talk for sunday here are 26 random things about me:
1. i can memorize a song after listening to it 2 or 3 times.2. i have no sugar overload level, i could eat candy all day and be perfectly fine.3. i could also eat a whole carton of ice cream in one sitting, easy.3. i am allergic to peanuts.4. i use aloe for lotion.5. i have a short temper when it comes to whinnying. . 6. multiple vitamins make me want to throw up, i think i need to take the kids gummy bear ones .7. if i don't exercise i get restless leg syndrome and i can't fall asleep. 8. for some odd reason, old men love me. 9. i am a nature nerd. 10. i try to go out of my way to do something nice for someone everyday, because warm fuzzies feel good. 11. i have "billings ribs" which means they are really big. 12. i have the coolest grandmas in the world. 13. i have a smoothie for breakfast everyday. 14. i spend way too much time on the computer. 15. i am not a slob, but i don't mind if my house is a little messy. 16. luke does the dishes for me every night, and we don't have a dishwasher. he is amazing. 17. my second and third toes are "webbed," just half way. 18. when i was in high school a bunch of us would break into the mission viejo nadadores pool and jump off the high dive in the middle of the night, naked. 19. did i mention i have to give a talk on sunday and am putting off writing it, hence this ridiculous list. 20. i always root for the underdog. 21. since becoming a mom, i cry at the weirdest things- like country songs. 22. the song "you can have whatever you like" has been stuck in my head since i hung out with my brothers and sister a month ago. 23. i have the worlds coolest brothers and sister. 24. i am way more scared of eels than sharks. 25. i almost think it would be cool to have 4 little girls, almost .26. i can't think of anything else.  

there you have it.  guess i should get to that talk...

18 comments:

Jennelle said...

Happy Birthday! I am so the same way about being in the spotlight. I try not to tell people until after the fact. If Brady ever threw me a surprise party I am pretty certain I would drop dead right on the floor.

Sounds like you had a great day!!!

Good luck writing your talk!

Stephanie said...

happy birthday you sneak! thomas is the same way though and lately i am too. i used to soak up the attention, but now, i just prefer to write about my birthday after the fact.

i agree about eels- too close to snakes for me.

karebear said...

Happy Birthday! You got to surf twice - what a treat! And that is so sweet of grandma to watch the girls. I loved the list - you are such a fun person. And I totally could eat a whole carton of rocky road, but that would be really bad. Thankyou for offering to watch my boys =) then I could watch your girls.

Autumn said...

Because of number 18, that is why we are BFF's! We surfed late evening tonight, beautiful sunset and full moon and I was totally game to strip off the wetsuit and surf in my birthday suit! The other girls just weren't game, so I guess when you move back, it's me and you, baby, ha! ha!
Happy Birthday, your so old, catching up to me, hee! hee!

Missy said...

Happy Birthday Ash! Spot light, but a day late - your day sounds good, even if your two year old decided to whine instead of be perfect for you;) Wait, is she three now?

Anyway, I died at the thought of you guys breaking into the Nadadores pool and jumping off the high dive naked. SOOO funny.

And I sort of love that you cry at silly things like country songs since being a mom. Makes me feel normal now.

The Peterson Family said...

OK, so I had to check out your blog now, too. Totally lovin it. Learn something new every day. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way.

Lisa

liko said...

i can vouch for the 'billings ribs' deal. but i think it is because you are just so skinny ( i WANT your body). and i, too, am afraid of eels more than sharks. just because they live all over in the reef and you see them, and i never see sharks.

Erika said...

Happy belated b-day! Sounds like a VERY full and fun birthday. When do you plan on taking Velzy to HER beach? That surprises me she's never been there, but I'm sure the large crowds there are enough to want to some other beach.

Love the list. I too hate vit. and often just pop a few of Ella's gummy one's in my mouth, I spend WAY too much time on the computer, and whinning drives me INSANE (and, unfortunately, Ella's become a pro at it!). Maybe I'll have to try making a smoothie for breakfast everyday...except on the really cold ones.

Goodluck with the talk!

Aubrey Jane said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day - the thought of pumpkin haupia pie is making my mouth water!
Fun list, too. Large pills of any kind make me gag and I'm the same way with ice cream. Comes from owning a Baskin Robbins. Yumm--that's making my mouth water too.
Good Luck with your talk!

lauren said...

#18 what???
who did you DO THAT WITH??? hahaha
oh i love you so much and this list made me laugh out loud. sorry i didnt call you, im a bad friend i know. i did get you a litle something though for the redlands winter... i figured i would just give it to you when you get here becasue i dont think it will do you much good in the aloha state...
and your ribs and toes are sexy...
and your new bed is here( see green couch on my blog) turns into a bed and was bought with moffats in mind....

Anonymous said...

happy happy birthday! you're still a baby!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Ashley!

It's been a long time I know. This is Ryan Facer, Aaron Facer's younger brother. We were out going to school in Hawaii the same time.

I remember making fat biscuits and hanging out at your house. I have my own little family now and we are thinking about moving out to Hawaii. Come visit us. Our blog is www.inyourfacer.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASH!!! You booger. Hahahahaha...I have to talk on Sunday too.... need to get on that... ;)

McLove said...

Happy Bday:)

stef j. said...

1. happy birthday.

2. i like the ribs and toes factoids the most.

3. i don't really have anything else to say ... wait, i'm older than you? only by a few months though. you just seem more put together (that's a compliment).

see ya tomorrow!

Jessica Brown said...

Happy Birthday Ashley. That sounds like it was a grand day! We miss Hawaii!

Anonymous said...

Hey Happy Birthday! It's nice to hear someone else feels the same way about their birthday as I do. I've done the whole keeping it a secret thing too & then every one ends up mad at you.
How did you guys break into the pool?
One time when I was at Kavela Bay I found 2 dead eels just chilling on the beach!!! They were all stiff. It was so gross!
Does aloe really work for lotion?

Da Denninghoff's said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sis!