Friday, January 22

some love on a string

wednesday night i actually got out my sewing machine. it had been a while.
heart garland 3
but i saw these and had to make my own. so easy and cute.
the colored ones are for our house and currently reside over some windows in the kitchen.
the more traditional valentines red, white and pink was going to be donated to craft hope, but as i was looking up craft hope yesterday morning velzy so kindly ripped it into 2. then i found out craft hope is not accepting any more donations for a few weeks. guess i have time to make another one. anyways, it did get fixed and has a new home now.
i really liked playing on my sewing machine, think i need to do it more often.
heart garland 2heart garland1
and sorry about the junk morning light, but you get the picture.

17 comments:

Kim's just sayin' said...

so cute. LOVE it.

.Ang. said...

Guess what I made on Wednesday night..


... The same thing!!!

:)

Melissa said...

so cute!!! I loe the colorful ones!!

I'm glad we saw you guys yesterday! we should hang out again soon! :)

echo said...

love them. i made circle ones for adelaides polka dot party.

echo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally Jackson said...

So fun! I love hearts and I love rainbows!!!

stef j. said...

i love these!! i think i just might do that...

Stephanie said...

oh i have been meaning to make like 3 banners for a while and this makes me want to do it even more! i love them!

heidi said...

what a good idea and looks like a fairly quick project...might have to try it!

Bowdens said...

i love your hearts. so cute! and thanks for your post below...i definately do not miss the ants or the nasty roaches! But, they are just a part of life.

liko said...

i just saw this tutorial and i thought it was very cute!! i like the colorful ones!!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

dang, you are so cute. I want to make these.

Erika said...

CUTE! I got a sewing machine for christmas and am thinking I want to make these...especially since they're nice and easy (just what I need).

Aubrey Jane said...

I put Islay to work today cutting out felt hearts...tomorrow we sew! Thanks for the great idea!
Oh - I think the roaches are nasty too. But the ants I could handle - got pretty good at squishing them with my fingers. The roaches were Robert's job.

The Trotter Family said...

You make me want to sew, but then I would have to relearn it all again. I guess it is about time. Keep up the crafting and you might convince me to bust out a project!

Greg and Diana said...

My mother-in-law showed me these on another blog and we thought they were AWESOME!!! Now I'm glad I've seen someone else make them!!! I can't wait to make some for our house...and to use the idea for other Holidays!!!

Kristen said...

ok, i've seen these on at least 3 other blogs. good job!